This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may undertake the further studies in higher education or seek employment outcomes.
Employment outcomes from this qualification may include Managing Director, Manager, Department Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Quarry Business Manager, Area Manager, Business Analyst, Business Development Director, Senior Executive, Executive Director
This course is conducted over a period of 78 weeks equating to 60 scheduled study weeks plus 18 weeks for holidays.
– Tuition Fees: AU $9,000
– Enrolment Fees: $200 (Non-Refundable)
– Material Fees: $600
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode with predominantly face-to-face delivery (16 hours per week) in classroom environment on campus and some distance delivery (4 hours per week) using Moodle platform. Additional self-directed study at home is also required to achieve the desired course outcomes.
This course will not be assessed online or in a live workplace.
Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of ACPC.
Course Entry Requirements
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or above at the time of application. Please note, ACPC does not enrol overseas students under eighteen (18) years of age into our CRICOS approved courses. This is an ACPC requirement, not a training package requirement.
- Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions)
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
- International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English Language. The minimum English Language requirement is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Language of delivery
This course will be delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
Students obtaining a ‘competent’ result for all listed competencies will be issued, by ACPC, a nationally recognised award for the BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management. ACPC will issue the Certification within 30 days of the student being deemed competent in all units they are enrolled in.
Students, who do not complete the required 10 units of competency to achieve the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, will receive a Statement of Attainment for those units that they have successfully completed.
Units of Competency
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBSTR602 Develop organisational strategies
- BSBTEC601 Review organisational digital strategy
- BSBSUS601 Lead corporate social responsibility
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
Assessments will take the form of an open book theory assessment / activities, assignment and / or practical activities that simulated a work environment. Assessments may include, but are not limited to written questions, portfolio, roleplay, presentation and/or direct observation.
Resources and Materials
Student guide and support materials for each unit are provided in Moodle. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
Facilities and Equipment
To facilitate structured face to face delivery, ACPC will utilise rooms located at Shop1, 15-17 Blaxland Road, Rhodes, NSW 2138.
Equipment available from the venue will include sufficient table and chairs for all students, whiteboard and data projector to deliver theory material.