This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of entry-level Business Services job roles.
This qualification also reflects the role of individuals who have not yet entered the workforce, and are developing the necessary skills in preparation for work.
These individuals carry out a range of basic procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require self-management and technology skills. They perform a range of mainly routine tasks using limited practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge in a defined context. Individuals in these roles generally work under direct supervision.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may undertake the BSB30120 Certificate III in Business or other Certificate III level qualification from the BSB Business Services Training Package.
Employment outcomes from this qualification may include below mentioned Job roles and titles which may vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Administration Officer
- Sales Worker
- Community & Personal Services worker
- General Clerk
- Receptionist or Office Assistant.
This course is conducted over a period of 39 weeks equating to 30 scheduled study weeks plus 9 weeks for holidays.
- Tuition Fees: AU $4,200
- Enrolment Fees: $200 (Non-Refundable)
- Material Fees: $300
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode with predominantly face-to-face delivery (16 hours per week) in classroom environment on campus and some distance delivery (4 hours per week) using Moodle platform. Additional self-directed study at home is also required to achieve the desired course outcomes.
This course will not be assessed online or in a live workplace.
Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of ACPC.
Course Entry Requirements
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or above at the time of application. Please note, ACPC does not enrol overseas students under eighteen (18) years of age into our CRICOS approved courses. This is an ACPC requirement, not a training package requirement.
- ACPC requires all candidates entering this course to have completed Australian Year 10 or its overseas equivalent qualification.
- International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English Language. The minimum English Language requirement is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Language of delivery
This course will be delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
Students obtaining a ‘competent’ result for all listed competencies will be issued, by ACPC, a nationally recognised award for the BSB20120 Certificate II in Workplace Skills. ACPC will issue the Certification within 30 days of the student being deemed competent in all units they are enrolled in.
Students, who do not complete the required 10 units of competency to achieve the Certificate II in Workplace Skills, will receive a Statement of Attainment for those units that they have successfully completed.
Units of Competency
- BSBOPS201 Work effectively in business environments
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- BSBTWK201 Work effectively with others
- BSBINS201 Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBOPS203 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBPEF201 Support Personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBTEC201 Use business software applications
Assessments will take the form of an open book theory assessment / activities, assignment and / or practical activities that simulated a work environment. Assessments may include, but are not limited to written questions, portfolio, roleplay, presentation and/or direct observation.
Resources and Materials
Student guide and support materials for each unit are provided in Moodle. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
Facilities and Equipment
To facilitate structured face to face delivery, ACPC will utilise rooms located at Shop1, 15-17 Blaxland Road, Rhodes, NSW 2138.
Equipment available from the venue will include sufficient table and chairs for all students, whiteboard and data projector to deliver theory material.