This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance.
Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may undertake the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business or other Certificate IV level qualification from the BSB Business Services Training Package.
Employment outcomes from this qualification may include Medical Receptionist, Records Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Medical Secretary.
This course is conducted over a period of 52 weeks equating to 40 scheduled study weeks plus 12 weeks for holidays.
- Tuition Fees: AU $5,600
- Enrolment Fees: $200 (Non-Refundable)
- Material Fees: $400
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode with predominantly face-to-face delivery (16 hours per week) in classroom environment on campus and some distance delivery (4 hours per week) using Moodle platform. Additional self-directed study at home is also required to achieve the desired course outcomes.
This course will not be assessed online or in a live workplace.
Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of ACPC.
Course Entry Requirements
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or above at the time of application. Please note, ACPC does not enrol overseas students under eighteen (18) years of age into our CRICOS approved courses. This is an ACPC requirement, not a training package requirement.
- ACPC requires all candidates entering this course to have completed Australian Year 11 or its overseas equivalent qualification or an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate II or higher qualification.
- International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English Language. The minimum English Language requirement is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Language of delivery
This course will be delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
Students obtaining a ‘competent’ result for all listed competencies will be issued, by ACPC, a nationally recognised award for the BSB30120 Certificate III in Business. ACPC will issue the Certification within 30 days of the student being deemed competent in all units they are enrolled in.
Students, who do not complete the required 13 units of competency to achieve the Certificate III in Business, will receive a Statement of Attainment for those units that they have successfully completed.
Units of Competency
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBTEC303 Create electronic presentations
- BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBWRT311 Write simple documents
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
- BSBLDR301 Support effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBOPS305 Process customer complaints
Assessments will take the form of an open book theory assessment / activities, assignment and / or practical activities that simulated a work environment. Assessments may include, but are not limited to written questions, portfolio, roleplay, presentation and/or direct observation.
Resources and Materials
Student guide and support materials for each unit are provided in Moodle. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
Facilities and Equipment
To facilitate structured face to face delivery, ACPC will utilise rooms located at Shop1, 15-17 Blaxland Road, Rhodes, NSW 2138.
Equipment available from the venue will include sufficient table and chairs for all students, whiteboard and data projector to deliver theory material.