This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may undertake the BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other Advanced Diploma level qualification from the BSB Business Services Training Package.
Employment outcomes from this qualification may include Office Manager, Legal Practice Manager, Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Business Development Manager, Production Manager or Business Manager
This course is conducted over a period of 78 weeks equating to 60 scheduled study weeks plus 18 weeks for holidays.
– Tuition Fees: AU $8,400
– Enrolment Fees: $200 (Non-Refundable)
– Material Fees: $600
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode with predominantly face-to-face delivery (16 hours per week) in classroom environment on campus and some distance delivery (4 hours per week) using Moodle platform. Additional self-directed study at home is also required to achieve the desired course outcomes.
This course will not be assessed online or in a live workplace.
Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of ACPC.
Course Entry Requirements
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or above at the time of application. Please note, ACPC does not enrol overseas students under eighteen (18) years of age into our CRICOS approved courses. This is an ACPC requirement, not a training package requirement.
- ACPC requires all candidates entering this course to have completed Australian Year 12 or its overseas equivalent qualification or an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate IV or higher qualification.
- International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English Language. The minimum English Language requirement is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Language of delivery
This course will be delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
Students obtaining a ‘competent’ result for all listed competencies will be issued, by ACPC, a nationally recognised award for the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management. ACPC will issue the Certification within 30 days of the student being deemed competent in all units they are enrolled in.
Students, who do not complete the required 12 units of competency to achieve the Diploma of Leadership and Management, will receive a Statement of Attainment for those units that they have successfully completed.
Units of Competency
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBSTR501 Establish innovative work environments
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
Assessments will take the form of an open book theory assessment / activities, assignment and / or practical activities that simulated a work environment. Assessments may include, but are not limited to written questions, portfolio, roleplay, presentation and/or direct observation.
Resources and Materials
Student guide and support materials for each unit are provided in Moodle. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
Facilities and Equipment
To facilitate structured face to face delivery, ACPC will utilise rooms located at Shop1, 15-17 Blaxland Road, Rhodes, NSW 2138.
Equipment available from the venue will include sufficient table and chairs for all students, whiteboard and data projector to deliver theory material.