BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
(CRICOS Course Code : 105299C)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. The job roles that relate to this qualification may include Project Manager and Project Team Leader.
Individuals in these roles have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own
work and/or the work of others.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may undertake the further studies in higher education or seek an employment outcome.
Employment outcomes from this qualification may include Project on tract manager, Project leader/team leader, Project manager (industry specific), and/or Project vendor manager.
This course is conducted over a period of 78 weeks equating to 60 scheduled study weeks plus 18 weeks for holidays.
– Tuition Fees: AU $9,000
– Enrolment Fees: $200 (Non-Refundable)
– Material Fees: $600
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered full-time (20 hours per week) using blended mode with predominantly face-to-face delivery (16 hours per week) in classroom environment on campus and some distance delivery (4 hours per week) using Moodle platform. Additional self-directed study at home is also required to achieve the desired course outcomes.
This course will not be assessed online or in a live workplace.
Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of ACPC.
Course Entry Requirements
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or above at the time of application. Please note, ACPC does not enrol overseas students under eighteen (18) years of age into our CRICOS approved courses. This is an ACPC requirement, not a training package requirement.
- ACPC requires all candidates entering this course to have completed Australian Year 12 or its overseas equivalent qualification or an ustralian Qualifications Framework
(AQF) Certificate IV or higher qualification.
- International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English Language. The minimum English Language requirement is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Language of delivery
This course will be delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
Students obtaining a ‘competent’ result for all listed competencies will be issued, by ACPC, a nationally recognised award for the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management. ACPC will issue the Certification within 30 days of the student being deemed competent in all units they are enrolled in.
Students, who do not complete the required 12 units of ompetency to achieve the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management, will receive a Statement of Attainment for those units that they have successfully completed.
Units of Competency
- BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531 Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG540 Manage project integration
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
Assessments will take the form of an open book theory assessment / activities, assignment and / or practical activities that simulated a work environment. Assessments may include, but are not limited to written questions, portfolio, roleplay, presentation and/or direct observation.
Resources and Materials
Student guide and support materials for each unit are provided in Moodle. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
Facilities and Equipment
To facilitate structured face to face delivery, ACPC will utilise rooms located at Shop1, 15-17 Blaxland Road, Rhodes, NSW 2138.
Equipment available from the venue will include sufficient table and chairs for all students, white board and data projector to deliver theory material.